Financial Aid Officer
Work type: Part-time
Location: Gainesville, FL
Academy for Five Element Acupuncture is a small, post-graduate acupuncture school and clinic in downtown Gainesville. We are seeking someone who is able to manage all aspects of our financial aid program in this part-time position of Financial Aid Officer. The Academy offers an environment, a culture, opportunities – and benefits – that are hard to find elsewhere. If you are curious, and want to be part of a congenial and flexible work environment, then please take a look at this opportunity.
Schedule: 15 – 20 hours per week, flexible schedule
Essential Job Functions: You will be responsible for all aspects of financial aid administration, including counseling students, determining students’ loan needs as well as verification, packaging and loan processing. The Academy is approved to offer Title IV unsubsidized loans and Grad Plus loans. Specific duties include:
- Inform and counsel students regarding financial aid options, requirements and school policies.
- Assist with preparing financial aid applications, explaining application procedures and schedules, and resolving issues related to the application process.
- Process financial aid applications, compile and verify all necessary financial aid documentation, and determine students’ need and eligibility.
- Working with the Academy’s third-party servicer, prepare financial aid awards, notify students of awards and transmit awards to student accounts.
- Manage the full range of records management and reporting functions, including maintaining files, policies and records according to applicable government regulations and school guidelines; updating and maintaining computerized student aid records; compiling data from computer and paper records for regular and special reports for the school and as required by outside agencies and auditors; perform various account reconciliation tasks; and prepare required certification rosters.
- Maintain regular and clear communication of students’ financial aid status with the finance director and admissions team members.
- Monitor satisfactory academic progress as it relates to the release of financial aid loans.
- Prepare records as needed for annual financial aid audit and program reviews.
- Provide Entrance and Exit Counseling on students’ loan responsibilities, and as needed when school deferment documents are needed for various loan services.
- Participate in orientation and open house programs for incoming students.
- Develop financial aid-related orientation material, and administrative forms and letters as needed.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
Experience Requirements: This position is front-facing, not only for current and prospective students, but for the school as a whole. You must be able to work both independently and collaboratively, and possess strong verbal and written communication. The ideal candidate for this position will have these specific qualifications:
- Previous experience in and technical knowledge of Title IV financial aid programs.
- Bachelor’s degree level of education preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including the ability to communicate clearly sensitive, complicated, and confidential information to prospective students, families, and colleagues via phone, e-mail, and other media.
- Superior attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Ability to follow processes and work effectively on a team.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one’s own priorities and work schedule.
- Ability to read, comprehend and comply with federal and state laws, regulations and policies pertaining to the provision of financial aid.
- Ability to work within a variety of computer software environments, including various financial aid information portals, Microsoft office software programs; ability to produce spreadsheets, tables and forms.
- Ability to manage multiple complex assignments with sensitivity to deadlines, priorities and changing circumstances.
- Knowledge of Veterans Benefits is helpful.
- Familiarity with the field of acupuncture and Oriental Medicine is a plus.
Application Review Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Required Documents: Submit application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Financial Aid Officer” in the subject line. Applicants should include a letter of interest outlining background and qualifications, a resume, and the names, positions, email addresses and telephone numbers for at least three (3) professional references. References are contacted when applicants have advanced through the interview process. Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
We look forward to sharing this exciting opportunity with the right candidate. Please visit http://acupuncturist.edu to learn more about becoming part of an institution whose vision is to bring healing through the depth, heart and spirit of the Five Element tradition, in full harmony with nature and other healing arts.
Thank you for your consideration.