- This event has passed.
Treating Trauma with Chinese Medicine: Untying the Knot
March 18, 2017 @ 9:00 am - March 19, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Learn to diagnose and treat trauma with Chinese medicine. We will consider the heart/kidney axis as the physiological foundation of stability and how to restore integrity to this most important relationship. I will emphasize the importance of the practitioner’s awareness of the dimension of self that is never wounded or traumatized as a gold standard in diagnosis and treatment. In this regard, the practitioner’s own integrity will be considered as the root of efficacy in treatment. The class will be rooted in an appreciation of the core dimensions and capacities of the self, including the spirit, ego, emptiness, soul, conscience, and the will.
- Diagnosing and treating shock to the heart and circulatory system on the pulse.
- How to diagnose and treat qi stagnation in the diaphragm.
- Testing for and Draining “Aggressive Energy” Xieqi.
- How to understand and treat “possession” in a contemporary context.
- Diagnose and treating the separation of yin and yang.
- The deeper functions of Acupuncture points: Source, lou, xi-cleft, and “spirit” points.
- Herbal formulas and point combinations for taking a person out of shock.
- The importance of the patient/practitioner relationship.
8 CEUs per day available to licensed FL practitioners. 14 NCCAOM PDAs total available to all licensed practitioners.
Before Feb. 17:
All acupuncture students with ID: $200
Academy faculty: $200
Alumni students: $240
Everyone else: $290
After Feb. 17:
All acupuncture students with ID: $240
Academy faculty: $240
Alumni students: $280
Everyone else: $330