CHAIR OF CLINICAL EDUCATION
Work type: Part-time
Location: Gainesville, FL
Scope of Job
Oversee clinical training of student interns in accordance with the vision and mission of the Academy as generated by its board and faculty.
- Supervise acupuncture and herbal clinical faculty including assigning supervision shifts and setting schedule.
- Provide training for clinical faculty.
- Participate in hiring, evaluating and mentoring a diverse and highly committed group of clinical faculty.
- Assist Academic Dean in developing, implementing and overseeing clinical education systems designed to optimize both intern competencies and patient health outcomes.
- Help design and implement clinical policies and procedures that enhance clinical education as well as ensure safe and effective care to the public.
- Provide leadership and participate in the curriculum development process.
- Prepare clinic intern evaluations and provide constructive feedback at each evaluation benchmark.
- Establish and implement disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Meet with clinic interns to address concerns related to the clinical experience.
- Chair meetings of the clinical faculty team to ensure consistency in supervision.
- Schedule clinical seminar sessions.
- Ensure consistency between didactic education and clinical practice.
- Review recommendations and reports of quality assurance and compliance with safety, licensing and accreditation standards. Take appropriate and timely action as may be needed or required.
- Implement accreditation-related and other quality improvement initiatives related to clinical education.
- Teach Clinical Seminar sessions as scheduled.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Licensed Five Element acupuncturist with 5 years experience in clinic supervision.
- Minimum Five years experience of clinical practice as a Five Element practitioner.
- Minimum two years experience in private practice.
- Graduate of accredited degree program in Five Element Acupuncture.
- Ability to provide leadership.
- Ability to work well with people in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills, including knowledge of and experience with data entry, spreadsheets, databases, MS Office applications.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Didactic teaching experience.
Reports to: Academic Dean (academic-related) and VP Administration (administrative-related)
Supervision: no direct supervision
Hours: 20 per week estimated