Position Title: Academic Dean
Scope of Job: Oversees organization, development, and evaluation of the Academy’s academic programs – including overall program structure, curriculum design, course and intensive sequencing, teaching methodologies and protocols for evaluation; promotes and encourages a commitment to academic excellence and high standards with the faculty, student body, and the curriculum
1. Oversees the content and sequencing of the core acupuncture component of the curriculum.
2. Coordinates the curriculum development process.
3. Ensures that the school has a meaningful evaluation process that measures the effectiveness of academic policies, procedures and programs.
4. Oversees the development of new courses, syllabi and instructional material, as needed.
5. Coordinates and evaluates faculty’s performance and objectives.
6. Ensures excellence of the faculty through evaluations, program support, careful scheduling and career development.
7. Prepares intensive session teaching schedules to correspond to specific curriculum requirements.
8. Analyzes data from evaluations, providing periodic reports to senior administration and the board on the results of these analyses.
9. Oversees the examination process, including developing new examinations and expanding the scope testing as needed.
10. Oversees the “intersession directed study homework” component of the curriculum, and reviews feedback on homework assignments provided to students by graders each session with each class.
11. Meets regularly with each class and as necessary with individual students regarding academic questions or problems that arise during training. This includes availability to students by personal meeting, email contact or phone calls.
12. Liaises with faculty and students regarding specific academic questions or related problems that arise in the classroom.
13. Maintains the accuracy and completeness of the core curriculum teaching manual and other standardized instructional materials.
14. Oversees and implements changes to the didactic herbal curriculum
15. Supervises academic team, including clinic director, herbal studies director, intensive coordinator and registrar.
16. Assists in preparing state licensing and accreditation reporting.
17. As a member of the admissions committee, interviews selected applicants who apply for admission and makes acceptance recommendations.
18. Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of Master’s degree, Ph.D. preferred.
2. Five (5) years experience in higher education administration.
3. Excellent analytic, organizational and report-writing skills.
4. Proficiency in curriculum development and evaluation processes.
5. Ability to provide leadership.
6. Ability to work well with people and make sound judgments.
7. Teaching experience preferred.
8. Supervision experience preferred.
9. Good facilitating skills.
10. Strong computer skills, including knowledge of and experience with data entry, spreadsheets, databases, MS Office applications.
Work Schedule: 32 hours per week
Hiring Range: Dependent on experience
Opening Date: June 26, 2017
Closing Date: Open until filled. Position to begin January 2018.
To apply: Please submit cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae to Joanne Epstein, Vice President of Administration at email@example.com.