We are a nationally accredited graduate level acupuncture school with 80+ students. We are seeking a full-time (32 hours/week) Registrar and Assistant to the Academic Dean. We are seeking someone who is professional, able to work collaboratively with academic and administrative staff, and is an excellent communicator. We offer a congenial and flexible work environment. Related experience in an admissions or registrar office at a college is preferred.
Duties for this position include:
• Student Records: Maintain student records and files (hard copy files as well as electronically on spreadsheets and databases.
• Transcripts: Assist the Admissions counselor in the review of applicant transcripts. Prepare transcripts for graduates and students.
• Academic and Graduation Requirements: Ensure requirements are met for academic standing, advancement and graduation.
• Student Meetings and Correspondence: Meet with current students as needed to answer questions about the academic program and its requirements. Maintain communication with students regarding homework, evaluations, absences, probation, withdrawals and re-enrollment. Correspond through email, phone and in-person.
• Compliance: Maintain compliance with multiple government regulatory and accrediting bodies, including those of FERPA, Title IV, SEVIS, Veterans Administration, Florida CIE and ACAOM.
• Reporting: Assist with annual accreditation reporting by providing information and measurements based on student records.
• Evaluation: Administer academic testing and faculty evaluation procedures.
Some of the additional attributes we are seeking include:
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple student records at the same time. You must have good time management skills with which to organize and prioritize your work.
• Highly detail oriented with the ability to take initiative and exercise analytical and independent judgment as well as follow specific directions from others.
• Must display a positive attitude and have a professional demeanor since this position involves a great deal of contact with the student body.
• Excellent written and verbal skills including the ability to prepare concise and accurate written communication and data entry.
• Must use correct English grammar, punctuation, spelling and proofreading.
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access and willingness to learn additional systems.
• Ability to work as a team player.
• Ability to respond to phone calls and emails in a timely fashion.
Starting salary is commensurate with experience. We provide excellent hours, working conditions and benefits, including health insurance and vacation/personal days.
In order to be considered for this position, you must follow exactly the hiring procedures below:
• Reply to this email at email@example.com
• The subject line of the email must be “Registrar Position”.
• Please attach your resume as an attachment to the email.
• Do not attach a cover letter as an attachment to the email.
In the body of the email, please create a numerical list containing answers to the following questions:
1. What is your name?
2. What is your contact telephone number?
3. What is your contact email address?
4. If you are currently employed, why are you seeking another job opportunity? If you are not currently employed, please put “N/A” as the answer to this question.
5. If you are not currently employed, please explain why you are no longer at your last place of employment. If you are currently employed, please put “N/A” as the answer to this question.
6. In one sentence, please explain what it is about this job opportunity that interests you.
7. In one sentence, please explain what skills you have that would make you a good candidate for this position.
8. In one sentence, please explain what your long-range career goals are.
9. Please provide your salary requirements.
10. Please provide the name and telephone number of one reference and explain how you know this reference. Even if you have multiple references, please only list one reference as the answer to this item.
If you meet the requirements of this position, we will contact you to schedule an interview to further discuss the position and your qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: If your email or resume contains any grammar, punctuation or spelling errors, you will not be considered for this position. In addition, if the above Hiring Procedures are not EXACTLY followed, you will not be considered for this position.
We look forward to sharing this exciting opportunity with the right candidate.
Thank you for your consideration.