Work type: Part-time
Location: Gainesville, FL
Academy for Five Element Acupuncture is a small, post-graduate acupuncture school and clinic in downtown Gainesville. We are seeking someone who is professional and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills for the full-time position of Receptionist. The Academy offers an environment, a culture, opportunities – and benefits – that are hard to find elsewhere. If you are curious, and want to be part of a congenial and flexible work environment, please take a look at this opportunity.
Schedule: (32 hrs/wk, Monday-Thursday)
Essential Job Functions: You will be responsible for providing administrative receptionist support, along with performing daily administrative duties and projects as assigned to you. Your primary duties will include greeting students and visitors, answering phones (screen, direct and handle information requests), and taking front-desk payments. Additional responsibilities will include assisting the finance director with Quickbooks data entry, disbursing and reconciling a petty cash fund, managing office inventory and ordering supplies, managing a keycard access system, assisting with event planning, composing basic documents and reports, and special projects as assigned.
This position is front-facing, not only for current and prospective students, but for the school as a whole. We are looking for someone who enjoys phone and in-person contact along with a proven ability to multitask and manage time. The ability to think quickly and autonomously, with meticulous attention to detail, are all vital qualities for this position. You will also need to be comfortable with learning and working in a variety of computer software environments, including our web-based college management software and web-based clinic scheduling software.
Experience Requirements: Minimum two years of general office experience; strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; meticulous attention to detail; flexibility; and the ability to set priorities, handle multiple and varied tasks while meeting deadlines, and follow through on projects. Must know Microsoft software products, in particular Word and Excel. Minimum Associate’s degree preferred.
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: August 22, 2018.
Required Documents: A resume and correctly executed email as described below. Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
- Reply to this email at email@example.com. The subject line of the email must be “Receptionist Position”.
- Please include your resume as an attachment to the email.
- Do not include a cover letter as an attachment to the email.
- In the body of the email, please create a numerical list containing answers to the following questions:
- What is your name?
- What is your contact telephone number?
- What is your contact email address?
- If you are currently employed, why are you seeking another job opportunity? If you are not currently employed, please put “N/A” as the answer to this question.
- If you are not currently employed, please explain why you are no longer at your last place of employment. If you are currently employed, please put “N/A” as the answer to this question.
- In one sentence, please explain what it is about this job opportunity that interests you.
- In one sentence, please explain what skills you have that would make you a good candidate for this position.
- In one sentence, please explain what your long-range career goals are.
- Please provide your salary requirements.
- Please provide the name and telephone number of one reference and explain how you know this reference. Even if you have multiple references, please only list one reference as the answer to this item.
If you meet the requirements of this position, we will contact you to schedule an interview to further discuss the position and your qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: In the spirit of “attention to detail”, if your email or resume contains any grammar, punctuation or spelling errors, or if the above instructions are not EXACTLY followed, you will not be considered for this position.
We look forward to sharing this exciting opportunity with the right candidate. Please visit http://acupuncturist.edu to learn more about becoming part of an institution whose vision is to bring healing through the depth, heart and spirit of the Five Element tradition, in full harmony with nature and other healing arts.
Thank you for your consideration.